STEP 1: Student will fill out the application which will include
- Questions on their language & education background.
- Submit a 250 word statement about their experience and their reasons for applying.
- Write a brief description of their family in Korean or Chinese
- Confirm their commitment to all three modules.
- Submit a copy of their transcript.
STEP 2 : The STARTALK Committee will prescreen all applicants
STEP 3: Students will be provisional acceptance
- Students will be invited to take the ACTFL OPI or equivalent.
- If students meet the qualifications, they will be offered acceptance Spring semester.
- Participants admitted in the Spring semester must qualify before being admitted to the summer program through evidence of their commitment to academic success.